Build Over Agreements

By April 8, 2021 Uncategorized No Comments

Sometimes problems arise when owners try to sell their property, which is built in part or entirely through a public channel. Conservatories and extensions are the usual criminals. If a Build Over Agreement was not obtained when the work was done, then the water company has the legal right to enter the land to reach the canal, even if that means demolishing the building above the canal. However, if possible, the water company will avoid the damage and look for other ways to enter the sewers, but the risk remains. If a construction agreement has been reached, the water company has no right to remove or demolish the structure above the sewers. While it is not uncommon for an extension, etc., to have been created without permission over an asset (since permission did not always have to be obtained), it is always a good idea to check. We saw a case where the owner assumed that the contractor had handled the Thames Water Build over Agreement, while the contractor assumed it was the owner. This confusion resulted in a four-week delay in the work, while location studies were conducted, plans were drawn up and Thames Water Engineer visited the website. Our drainage report will highlight these risks and we can incorporate a solution into the design. If part of the building is within 3 metres of a canal or sewer, we must continue to investigate and ensure that the wastewater supplier has been approved. A minimum distance of three metres (up to three metres deep for aircraft) must be maintained between each building and the public aircraft. This minimum distance may increase for tubes of deep or large diameter.

However, please note that the construction of a water main or a near water pipe will be completed. Similarly, the construction or proximity of proposed or existing sewers for new developments or renovations. We can guide you through the process of obtaining a construction agreement and ensure that you meet all the necessary requirements. A construction agreement is required if your extension or redevelopment takes place near a public canal. What is a construction agreement? A construction building is a water agency quality label for the work you want to do above or near a public channel that belongs to them. There is the certainty that you have given the sewers the proper clearance of your new foundations. It also ensures sufficient access to the channel so they can clean or repair it if necessary. There is also the security of these facts for anyone who wants to buy your property, you should come to sell. For more information on building agreements, please read the following answers from Thames Water: What so is a public sewer or sewer, simply, a canal that serves more than one property, falls as part of a Thames Water Build over Agreement. As well as a flow and, in particular, the point where the drain pipe crosses the border from one property to another. The first point is that a construction agreement applies only to sewers and public sewers. What does the construction tax of an agreement cover? For small sewers (160mm and up) The levy covers: – Processing your application – Technical checks of your plans – Discussion and agreement of design changes – Cooperation with your local authority under the building rules – Granting your agreement – Registration of the agreement on or near public sewers on our statements for medium sewers (160 – 375mm) and commercial real estate.